Covid-19 Assistance & Updates
We are generally seeking to help our Calvary Nexus family and community beyond, especially at times of crisis. If you are seeking help or would like to offer to help, please CLICK HERE and we will include you in our databases, and follow-up in an effort to love this community of faith and beyond.
As we seek to share resources and care well, we are asking those who are able to please give online at: giving.calvarynexus.org
Resuming Services Update from Pastor Bruce
New & Noteworthy for June 2020
Hey Calvary Nexus Family,
We will be returning to on-campus worship services on 6.7.20 offering services at 9 + 11.
1. Personal Protection + Pre-Registration: Since gatherings are limited to 100 people, we require all attenders to pre-register on the Calvary Nexus site starting 6.1.20. Worshipers will be required to wear a mask while on campus (unless in your vehicle). Six-feet of physical distance will be maintained by all, except immediate family members, throughout the Mobil Ave. property. If you have increased risk factors, have been exposed to a known positive carrier in the last 21 days, or have any potential Covid-19 symptoms, please continue to enjoy our services online.
2. Family-style services: Kids’ ministry will not be meeting in their classrooms. The family is welcome to gather together in the sanctuary. Kids’ Ministry will continue to provide great online content here.
Sunday School from our Kids Ministry
Kids Ministry is having Zoom Sunday school classes for Kindergarten thru 5th grade. The kids will hear from God’s Word and have prayer, worship and game time. The Zoom meeting times and links are below. The links are good through June 14th. Hope to see your kiddos there!
4th & 5th grade @ 9 am
4th & 5th Zoom Sunday School link
Meeting ID: 987 4171 3227
1st – 3rd grade @ 10 am
1st – 3rd Zoom Sunday School link
Meeting ID: 976 6598 6197
Kindergarten @ 11 am
Kindergarten Zoom Sunday School link
Meeting ID: 972 5499 3599
3. Refreshments: will not be served until additional restrictions are limited. If you bring a beverage on campus, please reduce the risk of contamination by taking your container with you. Please do not dispose on campus. The café will not be open.
4. Communion: Pre-packaged sanitary elements will be place underneath chairs for worshipers to partake during the service when encouraged by leaders.
5. Meet and Greet: We plan to create space in our services literally and figuratively to encourage human connection before, during, and after services, while maintaining a six-foot distance from each other. In other words, no hugs, handshakes, fist-bumps, etc.
6. The tithe and offering will be received primarily online. There are three receptacles on campus, but please consider using the safe, secure online option found here.
7. Restroom policy: Only two people will be allowed to use a restroom at a time. If you are waiting to use a restroom, you will be required to maintain six feet of space.
8. Programs and distributing information: We will not be able to distribute printed programs, but remind you that all relevant information is available via the Calvary Nexus App.
9. Disinfecting the campus: In order to allow us to disinfect areas such as doors and restrooms, we will encourage first service attenders to continue to cultivate community on campus, but outside of the sanctuary and foyer, approximately fifteen minutes after the service ends.
10. Worship in song: In order to minimize the risk to our church community and community at large, we request that during times of praise music that you refrain from singing out loud. Instead, sing and make melody in your heart to the Lord, contemplate praise to Him as music is played. These guidelines will be updated as we receive additional information from relevant government agencies.
Neighborhood Groups (small groups):
We are so excited to inform you that we’ve added 6 new Neighborhood Groups over the last 2 weeks. During this time, we each have an individual need for community. Our groups are meeting online using Zoom and Skype. If you would like to join a group please check them out here: find-a-group.calvarynexus.org or if you need help finding the right fit please email: Jeremy@calvarynexus.org.
Our NG’s are encouraged to use the study guide provided weekly by Pastor Bruce. We hope that you find the study guides (and Group Guides) to be a helpful resource as you (and your group) grow in your love for God and neighbors. Remember the study guides are intended to be a flexible tool. You can supplement the questions and study, use additional or alternative materials, and spend as much time exploring a question(s) as you’d like. We’ve discovered that the sections at the conclusion of each week’s Guide relating to loving neighbors outside and inside your group are extremely helpful to affirm, encourage, and create accountability to live the value of loving God and neighbors. We have now added a handy Group Guide that leaders can use as a reference tool during meetings. To download the Group Guide which includes the study guide CLICK HERE. You can also find a button on our Neighborhood Groups page here.
The Neighborhood Group Study Guides are available each Sunday on our website. We send Neighborhood Group study guides in our weekly Calvary Nexus email newsletter. Sign up here to subscribe.
Love Our Neighbor Community Impact:
As you know we have been compiling two databases to identify needs and those wanting to assist the needs of others. Whether you’d like to help or need assistance here is a link to the form.
Hopefully you’ve been able to follow along with us on Social Media. If you haven’t, check out all the excited content (Devotionals through Philippians from PB, worship nights, prayer initiatives, etc). Check it out here:
Giving and generosity:
We know that giving looks different if you aren’t used to giving online. Hopefully you’ve been able to set up your giving as it is secure and fairly easy. We’ve created a brief tutorial for you that is available here in the middle of our homepage. Your generosity will help us to care for the needs of those requiring extra assistance during this health and economic crisis. You can find the giving link here.
We are excited that together we are a movement of Jesus followers devoted to loving God and loving neighbor.
Jeremy Einem and the Core Pastor Team (Lead Pastor Bruce Zachary, Executive Pastor Roger Halcomb, and Worship and NextGen Pastor Chris Bague)