Intern ProgramCalvary Nexus Intern Program Vision
2. Biblical model: God called Joshua to be an intern for Moses, Elisha for Elijah, the disciples for Jesus, and Paul for Barnabas. Each mentor prepared his intern(s) to follow God, use their gifts and influence for His glory, and to prepare others to do the same [2Tim.2:2].
3. Duration: Six months to one year.
4. Weekly ministry time commitment: 15-25 hours per week.
5. General weekly schedule: It varies per area of ministry but usually multiple weekdays and Sundays. Interns attend weekly staff meeting, an hour mentor meeting, and a meeting with a staff person & other interns every two weeks.
6. Education requirements: Interns must have completed high school or have a GED. In addition, interns must attend [or have completed] the nexus school of ministry.
7. Areas of ministry:
8. Compensation: Most of the areas of ministry do not provide monetary compensation or provide limited salary [e.g. $10.00 per hour].
9. Personal program goals: Each intern will work with a mentor to identify and develop 5-6 work objectives and 3 personal spiritual growth development areas. these goals will be reviewed on a quarterly basis. The goals shall be completed by the intern and reviewed by their mentor within the first two weeks of starting the program.
10. Job description: Each area of ministry shall have areas of responsibility for the intern.
11. Application: An applications form shall be completed and submitted to the church by January 31 for the Spring program [begins March1], or by July 31 for the Fall program [begins September 1]. Admission determinations shall be made within 30 days.
12. Qualification matrix [8 C’s]:
a. Character: A premium is placed on Christ-like character [1Tim.3, Titus1, Gal.5:22-23].
b. Commitment: Interns must be faithful to fulfill their responsibilities [1Cor.4:2].
c. Consensus: We seek interns who share the philosophy of ministry & doctrinal views of calvary nexus [Ac.2:42-47].
d. Competency: Interns must be able to develop their gifts & use their skills effectively [Mt.25:20-21].
e. Compatibility: We place a premium on the community experience & seek interns who desire same [Ac.2:42-47].
f. Compassion: Interns must be moved to care for the needs of people [Mk.6:34].
g. Courage: Interns are encouraged to take chances as led by God and to make mistakes (ideally not repeating the same mistakes) [Josh.1:1-9]
h. Calling: We desire to confirm & help the intern to recognize God’s calling upon their life [Ac.13:1-4]
To download a copy of the Intern Program Vision as a .pdf: Click Here