Scripture encourages the believer to give as God leads, and promises that God will bless accordingly.
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.
Test me in this says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven
and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
2 Corinthians 9:7
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Calvary Nexus strives to offer a variety of options for giving, including online. Please prayerfully consider the best option for your needs
Your Bank’s Bill-pay:
Most banks offer their customers online bill-payment options. It is usually free and easily accessible through your bank’s online account access. We encourage as many people as possible to use this option because it is easy to set up, has the best options for tracking your giving, and does not incur any costs to the church. Please access your Bank’s online account system to set this up.
Give Online Here:
We use an online service called Bluefire that offers lower fees for churches to receive online donations. Donations through Bluefire are easy to set up and you can choose to pay with a credit card or as an electronic check in their secure payment system. You can even register for an account and save your payment information, then it’s easy to set up or change recurring donations. This option does cost the church a small transaction fee per donation but it’s very easy and secure. It’s also a great option because Bluefire is owned and staffed by fellow Believers.
Send a Check
As with all donations to the church, our finance team makes every effort to have process your gift securely and confidentially with the highest standards of accountability. We will continue to do this whichever method of giving you choose.
Please send checks to:
380 Mobil Ave.
Camarillo, CA 93010
Giving, Tithing, Kingdom Stewardship, and Rewards
Why you should give:
1. To support: the gospel, God’s house, His workers, and the poor [Lev.27:30, Num. 18:26, Dt. 14:22-30, 1Tim. 5:16-18, Mt.23:23]: The Old Testament [OT] offerings supported the temple and tabernacle, the Levites who served, and the poor. The offerings amounted to 23.3% of income. Similarly, the NT affirms this principle. The standards of New Testament grace are higher than OT law [e.g. Sermon on Mt.].
2. To display obedience, trust, gratitude, and love [Mal. 3:8-10, 2Cor. 9:8-10, Jn. 12:3]: Failure to give is akin to robbing God and displays a lack of obedience and trust in God’s provision [Mal. 3:8-10, 2Cor. 9:8-10]. Giving reflects gratitude that God has given us His best [Jn. 3:16]. Generous giving displays generous love [Jn. 12:3].
3. To acknowledge you’re a steward of God’s resources [Mt. 25:14-29, Hag.2:8]: Our time, talents, and treasure belong to God and He has entrusted these resources to use to advance His Kingdom. God expects a return on His investment.
4. To invest in heavenly treasure [Mt. 6:20-21, 19:15-29, 25:20-21, Lu. 12:33-34]: God has promised to reward those who give to advance his kingdom. Your heart is always inclined in the direction of your treasure. So. invest in heavenly treasure. “But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” [ Mt.6:20-21].
Tax-based thinking seeks to reduce liability [e.g. net vs. gross income] while investment thinking looks to maximize investment for eternal retirement. Rewards are proportional to generosity, “He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully” [2Cor. 9:6].
How you should give to God:
1. Purposefully [2 Cor.9:7, 1Cor. 16:2, Prov. 3:9]: All of God’s people are called to give. Your giving reveals your priorities, values and love. Plan to avoid indebtedness to create greater freedom to give (generously). Budget to allocate your first-fruits to God [Prov. 3:9]
2. Joyfully [2Cor. 9:7]: We are to give with a joyful heart not grudgingly (complaining) nor solely from a sense of duty (necessity as required per Mosaic law).
3. Generously [1Cor. 16:1-2, 2Cor. 9:6-11]: Generosity is measured by the sacrifice not the size of the gift. Those with much resource are able to give more. God enriches so you can give more generously not live more luxuriously [2Cor. 9:11]. The Macedonian church gave generously even though it was very poor [2Cor. 8:3]. Similarly,
How the funds are used at Calvary Nexus: 2017 budget goals and actuals:
a. Personnel under 50% (48.5%)
b. Missions, outreach, benevolence over 10% (11.6%)
c. Facilities 25% (25%) Reduced facilities expenses in 2018 will allow more funds for missions, outreach, benevolence, and church planting.
d. Operations (utilities, supplies, ministry expenses) 15% (15%)